IMPORTANT: For Wide Or Swollen Feet We Recommend That You Purchase a Size Larger To Ensure Optimal Fit Large - Fits Women's 10-1/2 abd up , Men's 11 and up MARS Orthopedic Plantar Fasciitis Posterior Night Splint is primarily intended for treating Plantar Fasciitis and Achilles Tendonitis, and may be ideal for other conditions recommended by a physician. The purpose of this light weight night splint is to keep the patient's ankle in a neutral position overnight, passively stretching the calf and plantar fascia during sleep. This gentle stretch helps reduce the muscle contracture, inflammation and associated pain. The lightweight, low profile shell is sturdy and breathable and has three padded straps with buckles to ensure immobilization. It has a non-slip sole tread that adds safety when getting out of bed at night (not recommended for walking). In addition, the padding features a washable Lycra covering that is cool against the skin for maximum comfort. Recommended Best Practices for Starting to Use Your Brace: It will be best to start wearing the night splint for a short period of time, perhaps only 1 hour the first night, then extending it gradually each night and week. Most splints are also adjustable, so you can alter the tension to suit. It may be that you need to start with it looser and make it tighter over time. The ideal target will be to wear it overnight or for around 4 to 5 hours at a time. This is the perfect time period for the plantar fascia tissue to extend and begin to heal!
- Essential treatment for alleviation of night time plantar fasciitis pain - See SIZE CHART image above to choose your size
- Three padded straps with buckles to ensure immobilization
- Dual tension straps allow for increased flexion and foot angle for the optimum pain releving stretch
- Lightweight night splint, low profile shell is sturdy and breathable for proper plantar fasciitis treatment
- Open PF Night Splint boot design keeps patients cool and dry - Provides pain relief for both Men and Women