- 72" Length
- 2" Width
- 100% Cotton
- Toothed Metal Buckle Closure
UNIVERSAL GAIT BELT 72"L x 2"W
Strong durable gait belt for transferring patients easily and efficiently
If you are looking for a strong durable transfer gait belt than look no further. This is the best belt you will come across. They are made from heavy-duty cotton webbing. It is very easy and effective to use. They are machine washable. So you do not have to worry about being dirty and can reuse it many times.
Transferring residents who are partially dependent, have some weight-bearing capacity and are cooperative. Transfers such as bed to chair, chair to chair, or chair to car; when re-positioning residents in chairs; supporting residents during ambulation; and in some cases when guiding and controlling falls.
POINTS TO REMEMBER
More than one caregiver may be needed.
Always transfer to resident's strongest side. Use good body mechanics and a rocking and pulling motion rather than lifting when using a belt.
Belts may not be suitable for ambulation of heavy residents or residents with recent abdominal or back surgery, abdominal aneurysm, etc.
Ensure belt is securely fastened and cannot be easily undone by the resident during transfer.
Ensure a layer of clothing is between residents' skin and the belt to avoid abrasion.
Keep resident as close as possible to caregiver during transfer.
Lower bed-rails; remove arms and footrests from chairs, and other items that may obstruct the transfer.
- Gait belt is designed to aid in walking or transferring fall risk patients - Adjustable up to 72" length
- Strong durable gait belt for lifting and supporting patients easily and efficiently
- Lightweight Gait Belt with good quality metal buckle - Secure harness buckle - Easy to fasten
- 100% Cotton webbing construction is durable and comfortable for the patient
- Helps prevent caregiver back injury and strain and Machine washable and dryable at high temperature setting