The Dorsal Night Splint is an ankle and foot brace that effectively alleviates most painful symptoms of plantar fasciitis by keeping the foot in a firm, comfortable, neutral position during sleep. Its low-profile design and soft padding provide bedroom-slipper comfort. Unlike posterior night splints, which cover the bottom of the foot like a walking boot, the Dorsal Night Splint is more comfortable for nightly wear. This makes you more likely to wear it consistently to help relieve pain. With the innovative anti-slip pad, you can even wear your Dorsal Night Splint around the house to handle simple chores or just relax and watch TV.So how can the splint help my plantar fasciitisâ€‹?
When wearing the splint, the foot is held in a certain position, called â€œdorsiflexionâ€œ. This means that the fascia is stretched, not allowing it to contract and become tighter overnight.
The great thing about a night splint, is that the remedy is quite gentle and the fascia will be returned to itâ€™s proper length over a period of time. Once stretched out, the plantar fascia will become less tense and therefore will cause less pain.Numb feeling in my foot?
Experiencing a numb feeling in your foot when wearing the brace?
Ironically, this is a sign that the product is doing its job. It takes a couple of days for someone who wears a plantar fasciitis night splint to get used to the stretch provided by the splint.
Initially the stretch can be uncomfortable and can sometimes cause numbness, but once a customer wears it for a couple of nights they are then able to tolerate the stretch and the numbness goes away.Common Causes of Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis is caused by straining the ligament that supports your arch. Repeated strain can cause tiny tears in the ligament which can lead to pain and swelling. This is more likely to happen if:
- Your feet roll inward too much when you walk (excessive pronation ).
- You have high arches or flat feet.
- You walk, stand, or run for long periods of time, especially on hard surfaces.
- You are overweight.
- You wear shoes that don't fit well or are worn out.
- You have tight achilles tendons or calf muscles.
- SEE SIZE CHART BEFORE PURCHASING - Please See our size chart (in the images above) before purchasing.
- PLANTAR FASCIITIS PAIN RELIEF - Comfortably and effectively relieves the painful symptoms of plantar fasciitis
- LOW PROFILE WITH PREMIUM LINER - For Enhanced breathability! - Low profile, minimal weight and bulk, and minimal heat retention during sleep for maximum comfort and a great night sleep.
- GREAT FOOT SUPPORT AND MORNING PAIN RELIEF: This dorsal night splint is designed to keep foot stretched and provide gradual corrective orthopedic support for drop foot, help relieve morning foot/heel pain associated with plantar fasciitis.
- FITS BOTH RIGHT AND LEFT FOOT